Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hartington, Nebraska

Monsignor Werner Activity Center- Dance Team Practice




      When our CCHS Dance Team coach asked for faculty and staff members to volunteer to dance with the team at the Homecoming Pep Rally next week, I hesitated.  Always one to volunteer, I quickly recognized that dancing... really coordination of any kind, is not one of my gifts!  (My friends and family members may remain silent at this point and time and may not recall those times in the past when I have, in fact, gotten my groove on... These instances are best left ... how shall I say ...unrecalled.)  
     The more I prayed about this, I felt the Lord was calling me to participate.  Not just to bask in the warm laughter engendered by my abject humiliation, but to be real... maybe real bad, but real.  After all, every day I try to challenge my students to learn, grow and stretch outside of their comfort zones.  I ask them to put themselves out there, and I guess now I need to do the same.     

No comments:

Post a Comment