Monday, September 29, 2014

Room 115

Rushing Headlong into Monday



     My sister and I were talking on Facebook this morning at 4 AM about the fact that we were both up at that hour rushing headlong into our Mondays and whether or not, this made us "crazy."  That question resonated with me on the whole drive into my classroom this morning...  I guess it's kinda true.  
     I woke up at 3:23 this morning and talked myself into going back to sleep for 20 minutes.  I wanted to sleep longer.  I probably needed to sleep longer, but at 3:43 AM I couldn't.  I was so excited to greet my Monday, tiptoeing around my sleeping family members while waking my snoozing pups, and see my students whom I missed on Friday when I attended the NSCTA conference in Grand Island.  Every Monday morning, I can't wait to hear about their weekend adventures.  I can't wait to tell them about mine.  I greet my mile-long list of things to do with a breathless adrenalin rush as I also run through my litany of things that I feel exceptionally grateful for this morning...
  • I love that this morning I looked in the mirror and I had two fat, juicy pimples staring back at me...
  • I love that I am going gray... well, sorta...
  • I love the fact that I am married to my best friend who embraces my brokenness and laughs with me and at me...
  • I love that even though our sons haven't figured out what they want to do with their amazing lives and talented selves, I know with an unbreakable faith that they will figure it out and help to make the world a better place...
  • I love that my siblings, cousins, my family and friends are sharing this journey with me...
  • I love that every morning I feel like I am driving through a tunnel of corn or snow or cows...
  • I actually love that, on any given day, I really never know who is sleeping in our home 1500 miles away from where I sleep most days...
  • I love the fact that I serve a God who forgives me my epic failings every single day and who must really have a twisted sense of humor too...
     I'll probably be blasting the Boomtown Rats song, "I Don't Like Mondays" when my students walk into the room today, but I have a confession to make... I love Mondays actually.  Call me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment