Thursday, August 20, 2015

Immersed in Gratitude....

 August 20, 2015-  One Year Later






One year ago today our son was in a terrible car accident, but, by the Grace of God, Colin's quick thinking and my colleagues' unconditional support, he survived to tell the tale.  I am overwhelmed by gratitude on this day.  I play that scene over in my mind again and again, and I know beyond any shadow of a doubt-  God is real.   

Just one year later, I can't help but think about all that has happened.  So many beautiful blessings that came from devastation.  God is good.

Everywhere I look today, I see abundance.  In the fields around our town, in the increasing number of my family members gathered around the table in the breaking of bread, God is faithful.
But every now and then, when I see darkness, I am afraid.  It's then that God is my strength. 

One year later,  I get to teach with an amazing family of talented professionals who serve faith-filled students, and their families, in a very complex world.  God is my shield.

God is alive and so is our precious son, Colin.  One year later... God is (still) love.

No comments:

Post a Comment