Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Blarney, Ireland

Kissing the Blarney Stone...
and Taking Notes


          I don't think that I ever had a Barbie Doll until my college roommate got me one, but I always loved the idea of being a princess, even if it was a tomboyish one.  It was never about the clothes and the goldilocks mane, for me if was all about the abode, the bullpen... you know, the house.  Castles are cool, literally and figuratively!  Therefore, when we started planning our pilgrimage to Ireland, I knew that we HAD to visit Blarney, Ireland;  explore the Castle and yes, kiss the Blarney Stone.  Here's a little history about this very cool castle (https://www.blarneycastle.ie/pages/castle-history).




Here's the lore about the Blarney Stone!  (https://www.blarneycastle.ie/pages/kiss-the-blarney-stone)
           We waited in line for about an hour and a half.  Climbing the winding staircase inside the castle reminded me of ascending the Statue of Liberty.  Even as we were climbing, we had to tuck ourselves into extremely tight spaces.  The gentleman in front of me must have been at least 6' 7" tall, and he seemed to really love the challenge of getting in to very close quarters.  I have to say that I was more interested in the exploring the different niches of the architecture and not falling on my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment