Thursday, August 5, 2021

Adoration Chapel

 St. John's Church

(Lifeteen.com)


On the Feast of Mary Magdalene, Thursday, July 22nd, I stumbled into the 5:15 PM Mass at my hometown church of St. John's in St. Johnsbury.  It had been an emotional day, and I knew that I needed daily Mass more than ever!

As I walked through those familiar glass doors, I was so surprised to see Father Lance, one of our former priests back at the pulpit setting up for Mass.  Father Lance was such a Good Shepherd to my Mom and Dad when he served St. John's before, and as he began Mass, he began to speak about the people from generations past who developed such a strong Eucharistic Adoration program.  Immediately, I felt chills because our Mom and Dad were very involved in this from the beginning, and this was a daily devotion for them over many years.  

Father Lance said that July 22nd was the day that the Adoration Chapel was going to reopen after many long months of being closed due to Covid.  He invited those of us attending Mass that afternoon to form a Eucharistic Procession down to chapel and then, sign up to spend an hour a week adoring our Lord. Whenever I am home, I plan to do just that- devoting time in the Adoration chapel looking at and listening to our Lord.  This devotion meant so much to my parents, and I want their legacy of Faith to live on in me and all of the generations who come after.  

Here are some resources to help your children understand Eucharistic Adoration:

Adoration Tips for Kids

What is Eucharistic Adoration?

Look to Him

A Beginner's Guide to Adoration



No comments:

Post a Comment