Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Essex Junction, Vermont

 Feast of Saint Lawrence

I remember the day that we got the news that Dad was being transferred from the St. Johnsbury telephone office to the Burlington one.  It was toward the end of my 7th grade year;  I was crushed.  St. Johnsbury was all I ever knew, and I was very lucky that we kept the camp at Miles Pond.  Somehow having the camp to come home to made every thing less scary.  It still does, but on the Feast of Saint Lawrence, the Patron Saint of our Parish in Essex Junction, I was so grateful to be reminded of the story of St. Lawrence (click the link and read all about it)  The Life of St. Lawrence.  I cannot help but think about all of the cool benefits of my adopted hometown too.  

We moved to Essex Junction in the Summer of 1977 as I was going into the 8th Grade.  I was sure that my life was over, but Essex Junction and the greater Burlington, Vermont area had lots of exciting opportunities for this 12 year-old girl.  If you are in the Burlington area, please check out these exciting places:

Lake Monsters Baseball

Balloon Rides

Echo Aquarium

Family Fun

Farm to Fork Fitness

Boat Rides

Educational Resources:

Lake Champlain Atlas

Clean Water Rangers

Virtual Learning





No comments:

Post a Comment