Monday, August 9, 2021

Groveton, New Hampshire

 At the Races

I will travel anywhere in the world to see my cousins, and when it turned out that two of my cousins were racing their cars at the Riverside Speedway in Groveton, NH on Saturday night, my cousin John and I had to join in on the fun.  Turns out, it was nerve wracking, loud, but oh so exciting!  I spent the first hour or so in the "Pit" catching up with my cousins.  They warned me that it can be dangerous in there, and I had to pay attention.  I wish I had a diagram of the Pit Pass area because as soon as I stepped inside, I was nearly run over by a car coming off the speedway.  I did not even see (or hear) them coming!  My cousins warned me to wear ear protection to safeguard my already bad hearing, and I am so glad I did because I had a chance to listen to so many stories about racing through the years and in our family from my cousin John.  In the meantime, we made more memories and then sped home through the night!

Saints Christopher and Francesca-  Pray for us!


Click the link for more information about Riverside Speedway and all of the activities they have going on there.   

Check out these other great resources too:

Article about activities that are dangerous for your hearing

American History of Automobile Racing

Saint Francesca Romana

St. Christopher

Family Fun Things to do in Groveton, NH

Racing Rules


Ouch!

How exciting!

I love the sportwear!

I want to give it a spin!

Headed back to the shop...


No comments:

Post a Comment