Saturday, August 4, 2012

First stop, Airports, places for dreams and Boston, Massachusetts…



In many ways, Boston is the perfect place to start our Dreams Tour.  Boston is a city made of Dreams.  My Boston Tour information brochure says that on their tour, we would (and we certainly did) “relive centuries of history and learn of the Puritans, revolutionaries, immigrants, presidents, Pequots and politicians”.  Lots of dreamers in that mix, and we would be no exception!  But I get ahead of myself…

After Synod Assembly and the Relay for Life, my first big summer dreamscape consisted of meeting and greeting my Cousin Katherina and her friend (and my soon to be adopted cousin) Mia who were journeying to the United States from Sweden.   Their dream was to spend some quality time with my Uncle Beau, Katherina’s Dad, see some sites and have fun!  They knew that their luggage would be missing, and it was.  And even with that, fun we had.  It all started at the airport.  



Airports are places where dreamlike reunions and homecomings take place.  They are supposed to anyway.  I think that is why I have always loved them.  Sometimes when I was growing up, we would get to choose where we would like to go out to eat on our birthdays.  Oftentimes, I would choose the Burlington International Airport (www.burlingtonintlairport.com).  How exciting it was that people were flying in from all over the world to make their dreams of family or fortunes come true!  On Sunday, June 10, 2012, I met Katherina and Mia at Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts with two bouquets of flowers and some Dunkin Donuts.  Dreams are sweet after all.  After a crazy day of crisscrossed flights around Scandanavia, Katherina and Mia were ready for some food and soft beds.   

.....Sweet dreams came to us all at the Comfort Inn in Woburn!  (http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-woburn-massachusetts-MA110)

No comments:

Post a Comment